Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Secondary

We're about to get really personal, people. Only one or two of my other posts have come so close to the inner workings of my heart and nearly touched on my deepest desires, but you're about to get a little peek of the inside of Aimee.

I consider myself very lucky. I have yet to fall in love. Maybe I'm inexperienced, maybe I'm not. You be the judge. I personally am quite content. I have the privilege and honor to have God be my first true love. I fell for Him first and hardest, and continue to fall more and more in love with Him with each passing day. I feel confident that I will one day find my earthly love, but for now I am so blessed to have fallen for God first and foremost, which brings me to my next point.

Most people strive to be first at everything. First place is where it's at, after all. But I have different thoughts. I refuse to be first place when it comes to love. It is my biggest hope that when I finally meet my match in the love department, I will always be second place in his heart. I pray that he will love God so fully that he wonders if he can handle giving me even a fraction of that love and, when he does decide, I pray that I will, forever and always, be his number two.

... thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I love this post!! SO SO true!!! I miss you! Great job on your blog!


Visitors