Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Where To Find Me

Today I learned the COOLEST and BEST new phrase... God wink (thanks, Casey)! Basically, when something happens that you know was totally God showing or telling you that He is, in fact, alive and living in us and that He loves you, that is a God wink. Much like when someone you are in like with or dating winks at you and, without saying a word, you know he is thinking about you and cares about you. God does it too, he just has to be a little more creative as, for now, he cannot physically wink at us.

Meet my shining example of a story. The other night I was sitting outside talking with some friends and one of them was telling us how he had a moment where God spoke to him during prayer and told him "Come follow Me." It gives me chills to even thinking about receiving that direct of a message from God. I hear from Him all of the time through songs and, especially, other people, but I have not yet experienced His own voice in my thoughts. The prospect excites me to no end. Anyway, back to my story. So my friend tells me this then, the next day, I was reading my devotional and God winked at me. It was a date specific devotional and, for that specific day, the day after hearing this story from my friend, the verse to start off the devotional was "...come, follow Me" (Luke 18:22).

I have chills.

...Thank you, God, for loving me enough to wink at me and know that you are alive and love me more than I will ever be able to understand. I love you, too.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Ahh I love God winks!


Visitors