Monday, June 15, 2009

Ready to Find Love

I know I've been talking a lot about God's love lately, but there's just so much of it I can't resist! I read a verse recently that really made me think. I know sometimes I have off days and I'm not overly friendly to people and, sometime, I don't talk to them at all. That is such a big mistake. We all have our off days, but you never know how one simple gesture can influence someone, how it can bring them joy, peace and a sense of belonging.

"But if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us." —1 John 4:12

None of us have ever seen God. We will all have our day but, until then, we have to be His love. We have to work hard to try to show others even a fraction of the love that God has shown us because, if we don't, they may never know God.

I have a lot of friends who are afraid of telling people about God and their faith, who are afraid to witness and share the great news. That's fine, it takes practice and confidence which I think everyone gains as they walk along and let God take over their life. Whether that's you or not, it is so easy to be genuinely friendly to someone. Smile at someone. Say hi to a stranger. Introduce yourself to a new person in class. Talk to an old friend.

... you never know who is feeling lost and lonely, and who desperately needs a friend and a healthy dose of love. God's love.

No comments:


Visitors