Friday, June 26, 2009

Laugh So You Don't Cry

My dad forwards me a devotional each morning and I have really enjoyed reading them. They are different then most, as they are written in God's point-of-view. One of my favorites was from the other day and it was about laughing.

If you know me, you know I laugh. Often. You also know I basically never cry. Let's face it... laughing is SO much better! The devotional said that just as parents enjoy hearing their children laugh, God enjoys His children's laughter. He invented it. It is music to his ears.

Usually, I gravitate toward happy people. People who are full of joy and zest for life are so much more fun to be around than sulky, mopey people. This could be such an excellent opportunity to spread God's word. If you are laughing and happy and optimistic all of the time, people are going to wonder what you secret is. Every one wants to be happy. It could give you the perfect opportunity to express how giving your life away has not only given you a promise for eternal life, but also earthly happiness.

... try to laugh a little and see who notices. You never know who's day you might make.

No comments:


Visitors