Friday, June 19, 2009

Bigger Than My Body

Today, I was people watching and I saw a little boy walk up to a mannequin and lift her dress. I won't lie, I giggled a little... okay, a lot. But then I got to thinking. Why is our society so preoccupied with sex? It is SO obnoxious.

I'm trying really, really hard not to get on a soap box right now. I'm just going to say that I think it is utterly wrong how movies and television and books make it appear that everyone is having sex with everyone. The worst part is that not only is it considered to be okay, it is, in some circles, completely fact. That is just not okay. That is not how God intended it.

"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:18-20

... you are not your own; you were bought at a price. Chew on that for a while.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Well said.
I'm completely with you on that.


Visitors