Monday, January 19, 2009

You Spoke Me Into Motion

You know when you hear a song and it's almost creepy how much it speaks to you? Like the person knows you? Cue "What Do I Know of Holy." This is THE most beautifully written and performed song. The first time I truly listened to it I had tears in my eyes. For some reason it has such a profound effect on my heart and my mind... I think because it describes me to a t. Almost like the songwriter knows me. 

"I guess I thought that I had figured You out,
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
how You were mighty to save,
those were only empty words on a page.
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be,
the slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees."

...the moral of today's blog? LISTEN TO ADDISON ROAD. They are such a God-send in my life right now.  Anyway, I recommend you YouTube, Yahoo, Google, Blackle... whatever you do find a way to listen to this song. All of their songs for that matter.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Ah Aimee. I love Addison Road! Their music speaks to my troubled heart as well. What do we know of holy? God's holiness is beyond my earthly comprehension. Though we do have many displays of it in His word and throughout our own lives, I stand in awe of a concept that cannot be grasped with anything other than he heart. The Holy Sprirt joins forces with my heart, and I learn to deny myself daily so that I may venture one step closer to His holiness. What a beautiful thing to discover God has given us!

Love you,
Hannah


Visitors