Monday, January 5, 2009

The Music of My Heart

So I'll go ahead and get it out of the way. I'm going to be super cheesy (what's new?) and use some lyrics written by some Disney songwriters to preface this post. 

"Music's in my soul,
I can hear it every day and every night,
it's the one thing on my mind."

This post is about glue. You heard me, glue. You thought it was about music, didn't you? False! Well, maybe you're partially right. I have recently discovered, in my new found sophistication and introspection, that all things in life are held together by a common denominator. You may be thinking God, but no, it's not God. Well, obviously God IS everything in your life. But He has given each and every person something to call their own. Something special. He has given us glue. (Never knew glue was such a heaven-send, now did you?) This is a glue that holds you together. All the pieces of you. I've recently discovered that my glue is music. As the quotes portrays, music is ALWAYS on my mind. I constantly have a song stuck in my head or actually playing. Songs recall memories for me. Songs paint pictures. Songs get me through tough spots. Songs determine my mood. Songs speak to my heart. And mostly, songs shape me. I can relate everything to a song, and God speaks to me and teaches me through songs. Lately I have been seeing how God intends music to be a part of my life always. I am beginning to think I'd like to work with music once I graduate. Design record labels. Write music articles. Interview music stars. Who knows what is in the cards for me, but I have a strong feeling it will involve music. I pray that in this new year you all find your glue and that it helps you see things more clearly, see God in your life even more than before. 

No comments:


Visitors