Monday, January 5, 2009

Where I Find You

I find it constantly amusing how God seems to pop up everywhere. Especially, I've noticed more recently, in music. Lately I feel as though I never hear a love song as that. I hear it as a God song. The object of affection in the song is never an earthly man for me, it's God. I'll be the first to admit this could have something to do with the 20th anniversary I recently celebrated. Or maybe not. Maybe I am just growing more and more in tune to God in my life, what He wants for me, what He has been planning. Maybe I am FINALLY completely content with being just who I am, an independent entity. I am me. I am not his boyfriend. I am not the girl he is talking to. I am not her best friend. I am me, Aimee Belcher, child of God.

... and you know? I am finally okay with that. I don't need anyone else. I don't need anything else. I think I've finally found who I am and I could not be more excited. I knew 2009 was going to be a good year!

No comments:


Visitors