Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How Will They Remember Me?

I often sit and ponder my future. Here I am, a sophomore in college, and I know EXACTLY what I want to do with my life. Dual major in Graphic Design and Journalism with a minor in Spanish. Internship in Dallas, Atlanta or NYC. Job with a big name magazine. But why? How will my life affect the lives of those around me? The lives of my peers? The lives of my elders? The lives of future generations? How can I, Aimee Belcher, make a difference? It is something I struggle with on a daily basis. I try my best to live the life that God has so graciously blessed me with to it's fullest and to share His love with those around me. I want to have Godliness seeping from my pores. I want people to think I'm different and KNOW why. But how do I work that into my future? If I work for a christian magazine, I only reach out and touch those who already consider themselves christians. I want to do more. I want to bring light to those who have only darkness. I want to bring love to those who feel only hate and neglect. I want to bring happiness to those who can find only sorrow. I want to bring hope to those who can not get past their regrets. I want to leave a legacy. 

No comments:


Visitors